Sunday, January 17, 2021

Paper Piecing The Moda Village House Blocks

Village Quilt Blocks - Paper Piecing

I really liked the little chimneys on these blocks but it seemed that no matter what I did, they came out wonky perhaps due to the bias distorting.  So I had given up on them.  Then my brilliant friend Deb said "I think I will paper piece these house blocks" and the light bulb went off!  I immediately jumped into Electric Quilt and quickly drew up the block. 

So for those of you that would like to foundation piece this block, click here for the foundation PDF.  Be sure that when you print, your printer is set to full size no scaling.

I have also included the foundation for the house block no chimney here.

I also found out on the web some really cool versions of trees and other things.  Debbie Roberts of the Quilted Moose did an awesome quilt in black and white and was kind enough to create foundations for her trees. The links are on the Moda site under the village blog articles.  You can reach it here.  Debbie did a great step by step tutorial on her website.  You can read it at The Quilted Moose.

Here is her foundations.  Midnight Village Rooftop 

Midnight Village Trees

 I also did a tree, deciduous rather than a fir.  That foundation is here.  TREE 

 


So I hope you have as much fun with these blocks as we did.  Many groups did block swaps and some of the different layouts that folks put together were amazing.  You can see tons of them on Facebook and Pinterest.

 

Happy Sewing!

Sue

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment