Friday, January 29, 2021

Kissing Hearts Table Runner

Here is another fun Valentine runner to make.  This was a free pattern post a few years ago and a few folks have asked that I bring it back.  The PDF pattern attached is for the original version with the large squares in the middle to show off your quilting.




The PDF download is here.

I thought it would be fun to add some detail to the centers so I updated my 2021 version with fun pinwheels!  Luna decided it would be a lovely place to settle in for a nap when I decided to take the picture.


Here it is without Miss Luna!



If you would like to create the pinwheels for the center, it is super easy.  You will make Half Square Triangles in two coordinating colors.  I used different colors for the 'X' block and the two Heart blocks as I was working from scraps in my stash.

You will need for each center, two 4" light background squares and two 4" contrast color squares.   

Draw a diagonal line on the back of the light background squares.
        Place RST on the contrast fabric squares.
        Sew a scant ¼” to each side of the drawn line then cut on the line.
        Press to the dark.
        Square as needed to 3 1/2"


Now arrange your half square triangles into a pinwheel and sew together.  Your block should be 6 1/2".  Use this block in place of the plain square in the center of the block.

    



I would love to see pictures of your version!  Be sure to show them them off on social media and join our Dragonfly Fiberart Show & Share Group where you can post all your completed Dragonfly Fiberart Pattern projects and share them with all our friends!



Happy Sewing!

All The Best
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment